Saturday, December 8, 2007

My first post- and First Book Challenge!

Listening to: Mazzy Star- So Tonight That I Might See

Hello everyone! I've wanted to do a blog dedicated to my life's best pasttime- reading, and figured now was a good time for various reasons My maiden voyage will be dedicated to the "What's In A Name?" from the terrific Words by Annie blog. Here are my selections:


1. A book with a color in its title.
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig

2. A book with an animal in its title.
Love Monkey by Kyle Smith

3. A book with a first name in its title.
The True Confessions of Mabel Stark by Robert Hough

4. A book with a place in its title. READ!
An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke

5. A book with a weather event in its title.
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron

6. A book with a plant in its title.
Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald

I also joined the In Their Shoes Reading Challenge", which deals in memoirs, biographies and autobiographies. So far I've read-

My Story by Marilyn Monroe
So Many Books, So Little Time: A Year of Passionate Reading, a reading memoir by Sara Nelson
An Alphabetical Life: Living It Up in the World of Books by Wendy Werris


On my "To Read" list (nowhere near complete):
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
Buster Keaton: Tempest in a Flat Hat by Edward McPherson
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee
Slash by Slash & Anthony Bozza

1 comment:

Debi said...

Welcome! I'm so happy you decided to make this your first challenge. I hope you have fun!

--Annie